Author Topic: New Movies  (Read 83169 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: New Movies
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2024, 11:12:05 AM »
Update:  the movie didn't get any better.  The costumes were really suspect -- a liberal interpretation of period fashions and wigs.  Super odd.

And one interesting fact:  Louis XV had smallpox twice, and the second round, when he was in his 60's, killed him.  The real Louis XV looked more like Robert Downey Jr. than Johnny Depp.  He was a good looking man back in the day, and apparently was happier hanging out with mistresses than governing.  He left a long line of illegitimate offspring as well as the official children by Marie Leszczynska.  His grandson would succeed him. 

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2024, 12:52:15 PM »
I love Robert and Killian, but still haven’t sat down for Oppenheimer, I totally will.  Someday

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2024, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2024, 08:37:42 AM »
This probably would be best viewed in imax.  Lots of work for the CGI guys here.  It might be fun or just silly but probably worth checking out.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2024, 08:27:39 AM »
We went to the cinima here and watched Alien: Romulus. All I can say about the film - and especially the ending -  is, was that really necessary? I mean, really!? That's just bent up dude.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2024, 11:43:53 AM »
I'm waiting for Alien: Remus.

I read the synopsis.  My life is stressful enough without help from the cinematic arts.  Sounds like a bummer of a plot.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 06:16:50 PM by 6pairsofshoes »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2024, 09:31:03 AM »
New idea for Alien series.  Alien and aged Sigourney Weaver come to common terms and team up to save the universe from some looming threat.   They succeed and realize the benefits that come from not trying to kill one another.  They go on a road trip and find a race of hybrid Alien/Humans that manage to create a paradise out of simple planetary elements.  The end.